Re: [9fans] ilock error/kernel panic (Plan9 hates SciAm) - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] ilock error/kernel panic (Plan9 hates SciAm) - Plan9 ; > I think this is the same bug that was reported a few months ago. > Apparently the fix I suggested was not applied. That fix is to > remove the following lines from /sys/src/9/port/taslock.c: I was looking in the ...

  1. Re: [9fans] ilock error/kernel panic (Plan9 hates SciAm)

    > I think this is the same bug that was reported a few months ago.
    > Apparently the fix I suggested was not applied. That fix is to
    > remove the following lines from /sys/src/9/port/taslock.c:

    I was looking in the wrong place, at an old copy of the kernel.
    The fix has been applied, but it's entirely possible you need
    to rebuild your kernel.

    Russ

  2. Re: [9fans] ilock error/kernel panic (Plan9 hates SciAm)

    Thanks Russ,
    I'll try this once I am out of the office (gmt +3 here, what are you
    doing up?? ) and write back int the problem persists. The build
    that I used is probably 2 weeks old.

    John

    On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Russ Cox wrote:
    >> I think this is the same bug that was reported a few months ago.
    >> Apparently the fix I suggested was not applied. That fix is to
    >> remove the following lines from /sys/src/9/port/taslock.c:

    > I was looking in the wrong place, at an old copy of the kernel.
    > The fix has been applied, but it's entirely possible you need
    > to rebuild your kernel.
    >
    > Russ

+ Reply to Thread