Re: [9fans] venti + Nt - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] venti + Nt - Plan9 ; > Has anyone gotten Nt to read/write from Venti on a Plan 9 or Linux > system? > > I figure one could set up something with SAMBA, but there's no > native 9p for Nt, right? Plan 9's aquarela(8), ...

  1. Re: [9fans] venti + Nt

    > Has anyone gotten Nt to read/write from Venti on a Plan 9 or Linux
    > system?
    >
    > I figure one could set up something with SAMBA, but there's no
    > native 9p for Nt, right?

    Plan 9's aquarela(8), see the example for reading the dump. Cifs
    clients can write to the intervening venti-backed Plan 9 filesystem,
    but there is nothing (that I know of) like p9p's vbackup(8) for
    dealing directly with venti.

    There are potential ways to have 9P on windows I suppose via some of
    the 9Ps for interpreted languages. But venti talks venti, not 9P.

    There is an inferno venti of some level of completion. Last I
    checked, the clients, but not the server, are in http://
    code.google.com/p/inferno-os/.

    -Josh

  2. Re: [9fans] venti + Nt

    Perhaps related: fossilcons(8), talking about stat, says:
    The bits denoted by capital letters are included to support
    non-Plan 9 systems. They are not made visible by the 9P
    protocol.
    Has anything ever been done with this, or is this support still
    theoretical?

+ Reply to Thread