Re: [9fans] 8 cores - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] 8 cores - Plan9 ; >Furthermore, does anyone out there run Plan 9 on non-x86 hardware anymore? yes: http://tinyurl.com/5jc8u8 , for instance...

  1. Re: [9fans] 8 cores

    >Furthermore, does anyone out there run Plan 9 on non-x86 hardware anymore?

    yes: http://tinyurl.com/5jc8u8, for instance

  2. Re: [9fans] 8 cores

    Hi Mr Forsyth,

    I tried to respond to your directly, but the mail bounced.
    Here in Saudi Arabia tinyurl is blocked (by the govt). Is it possible
    that you (or someone else) can expand the URL for me and send it to me
    off-list?

    Thanks
    John Waters,
    No relation to the director

    On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:37 PM, C H Forsyth wrote:
    >>Furthermore, does anyone out there run Plan 9 on non-x86 hardware anymore?

    > yes: http://tinyurl.com/5jc8u8, for instance

  3. Re: [9fans] 8 cores

    For me the URL works out to:

    http://domino.research.ibm.com/comm/...are.index.html

    HARE! Awesome.
    Anthony

  4. Re: [9fans] 8 cores

    You could always import /net from a 9grid node in a (more) free
    country (Maybe SA should start filtering 9P connections

    Peace

    uriel

    On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:13 PM, John Waters wrote:
    > Hi Mr Forsyth,
    >
    > I tried to respond to your directly, but the mail bounced.
    > Here in Saudi Arabia tinyurl is blocked (by the govt). Is it possible
    > that you (or someone else) can expand the URL for me and send it to me
    > off-list?
    >
    > Thanks
    > John Waters,
    > No relation to the director
    >
    > On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:37 PM, C H Forsyth wrote:
    >>>Furthermore, does anyone out there run Plan 9 on non-x86 hardware anymore?

    >> yes: http://tinyurl.com/5jc8u8, for instance

  5. Re: [9fans] 8 cores

    I have a means to circumvent the filters, but not at my current location.
    Thankfully 9p flows as poorly as all the other protocols here in KSA,
    but it still flows. I wonder sometimes if I am the only plan 9 user in
    "The Kingdom"... Where most folks are accustomed to "five nines" of
    availability, the denizens of my hot/dusty/boring city are generally
    happy with "five sevens".

    Getting back to the topic at hand, does anyone know any specific
    8-core capable motherboards that are running plan 9 on bare metal?

    ma salaama
    jcw

    On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Uriel wrote:
    > You could always import /net from a 9grid node in a (more) free
    > country (Maybe SA should start filtering 9P connections
    >
    > Peace
    >
    > uriel
    >
    > On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:13 PM, John Waters wrote:
    >> Hi Mr Forsyth,
    >>
    >> I tried to respond to your directly, but the mail bounced.
    >> Here in Saudi Arabia tinyurl is blocked (by the govt). Is it possible
    >> that you (or someone else) can expand the URL for me and send it to me
    >> off-list?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> John Waters,
    >> No relation to the director