[9fans] 9vx problem with venti - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] 9vx problem with venti - Plan9 ; on .10, I can run venti/venti. on .11, it locks up 9vx quite thoroughly after it prints init.... If you resize the window it is filled with garbage. Under strace I can see it taking the timer interrupts. Linux xcpu ...

  1. [9fans] 9vx problem with venti

    on .10, I can run venti/venti. on .11, it locks up 9vx quite
    thoroughly after it prints init.... If you resize the window it is
    filled with garbage. Under strace I can see it taking the timer
    interrupts.

    Linux xcpu 2.6.25 #6 SMP Tue May 27 09:46:16 PDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

    Sorry I don't have much more. I'm still looking around.

    also, on .10, when I am doing a venti/copy, at some point vx dies with
    a sigsev on cpux, where x is 5 or 7 or 9 so far.

    ron

  2. Re: [9fans] 9vx problem with venti

    > on .10, I can run venti/venti. on .11, it locks up 9vx quite
    > thoroughly after it prints init.... If you resize the window it is
    > filled with garbage. Under strace I can see it taking the timer
    > interrupts.
    >
    > Linux xcpu 2.6.25 #6 SMP Tue May 27 09:46:16 PDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    >
    > Sorry I don't have much more. I'm still looking around.
    >

    > also, on .10, when I am doing a venti/copy, at some point vx dies with
    > a sigsev on cpux, where x is 5 or 7 or 9 so far.

    If you invoke it with the -A flag, then it will go into a
    sleep loop on panic (-A stands for abort, but that didn't
    work very well on OS X). You can then attach with gdb
    and get a stack trace or look at what the other threads
    are doing.

    The cpu numbers don't really mean anything except
    for whether they're 0 (runs user code) or non-zero
    (runs kprocs).

    Russ

  3. Re: [9fans] 9vx problem with venti

    On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Russ Cox wrote:

    > If you invoke it with the -A flag, then it will go into a
    > sleep loop on panic (-A stands for abort, but that didn't
    > work very well on OS X). You can then attach with gdb
    > and get a stack trace or look at what the other threads
    > are doing.

    in the case of .11 it never really dies -- just hangs ... sufficient
    input will finally kill the X11 thread.

    ron

  4. Re: [9fans] 9vx problem with venti

    I just pulled the hg and built 9vx from sources.

    venti copy has not died yet. :-)

    ron

+ Reply to Thread