Re: [9fans] sad commentary - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] sad commentary - Plan9 ; > john@csplan9.rit.edu schrieb: >>> Pietro Gagliardi schrieb: >>> >>>> If people say "Plan 9 is too hard to use" they will allocate blame to >>>> Rob Pike's rio before reading his tirade on other windowing systems >>>> (which you can ...

  1. Re: [9fans] sad commentary

    > john@csplan9.rit.edu schrieb:

    >>> With this link ione only gets the starting page of the paper. Is there
    >>> any other source for the complete Paper (without cost)?
    >>>
    >>> bblochl
    >>>

    >> I'm not sure what you're looking at, but when I downloaded and
    >> uncompressed that paper I got the whole thing.
    >>
    >> John
    >>

    > 1. Where are the examples?
    > 2. Have you ever worked with srtudents?
    >
    > bblochl

    Are we talking about the same thing? Pietro's link is for an old
    paper by Rob Pike talking about the mux windowing system. There
    aren't really any examples.

    And I *am* a student, trying to get other students interested in Plan
    9. I wrote http://csplan9.rit.edu/users/john/RITintro.ps for
    prospective users of the RIT Plan 9 system, you can look at that if
    you want.

    John

  2. Re: [9fans] sad commentary

    On Jun 30, 2008, at 10:07 AM, john@csplan9.rit.edu wrote:

    > Are we talking about the same thing? Pietro's link is for an old
    > paper by Rob Pike talking about the mux windowing system. There
    > aren't really any examples.

    Much of the paper still applies to rio. From mux to rio few changes
    were made. Possibly the two biggest changes were resizing/moving from
    the borders and hold mode.

+ Reply to Thread