[9fans] icache: nothing to do - kick dcache - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] icache: nothing to do - kick dcache - Plan9 ; Hello. This kmesg seems to pop up repeatedly over rio at random intervals. What does this mean and how do I stop this redundancy (once dcache is kicked, why does icache say it kicks again)? Thanks....

  1. [9fans] icache: nothing to do - kick dcache

    Hello. This kmesg seems to pop up repeatedly over rio at random
    intervals. What does this mean and how do I stop this redundancy (once
    dcache is kicked, why does icache say it kicks again)? Thanks.

  2. Re: [9fans] icache: nothing to do - kick dcache

    You could run a venti newer than October 2007.

  3. Re: [9fans] icache: nothing to do - kick dcache

    Isn't that automatically done if I update daily? Or is the active
    venti hooked to the venticonf?

    On Jun 25, 2008, at 5:26 PM, geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

    > You could run a venti newer than October 2007.

  4. Re: [9fans] icache: nothing to do - kick dcache

    > Isn't that automatically done if I update daily? Or is the active
    > venti hooked to the venticonf?

    since you're booting from venti root, venti and fossil
    are built into the kernel. so you need to update your
    kernel. this is not done automaticly.

    - erik

  5. Re: [9fans] icache: nothing to do - kick dcache

    On Jun 25, 2008, at 6:37 PM, erik quanstrom wrote:

    >> Isn't that automatically done if I update daily? Or is the active
    >> venti hooked to the venticonf?

    > since you're booting from venti root, venti and fossil
    > are built into the kernel. so you need to update your
    > kernel. this is not done automaticly.
    >
    > - erik

    Thanks for the info. I'm rebuilding 9pcf and 9pccupf now, and I hope
    it works.

  6. Re: [9fans] icache: nothing to do - kick dcache

    > Thanks for the info. I'm rebuilding 9pcf and 9pccupf now, and I hope
    > it works.

    perhaps that wasn't clear. by "update your kernel" i mean
    copy /386/9pccpuf to your boot media. /386/9pccpuf
    should be automaticly updated.

    - erik

+ Reply to Thread