[9fans] USB keyboard/mouse - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse - Plan9 ; Hi, I am trying to use a Logitech USB Keyboard+Mouse in Plan 9. The keyboard is running in the bios, but when Plan 9 is starting the keyboard is not responding. I can't select where is the root partition (hit ...

  1. [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse

    Hi,

    I am trying to use a Logitech USB Keyboard+Mouse in Plan 9. The keyboard
    is running in the bios, but when Plan 9 is starting the keyboard is not
    responding. I can't select where is the root partition (hit enter).

    Any help?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to use a Logitech USB Keyboard+Mouse in Plan 9. The keyboard
    > is running in the bios, but when Plan 9 is starting the keyboard is not
    > responding. I can't select where is the root partition (hit enter).
    >
    > Any help?
    >
    > Thanks.

    either
    (a) compile a kernel without usb support and use that, or

    (b) add usb/usbd and usb/kb to your startup scripts in
    termrc or cpurc.

    - erik

  3. Re: [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse

    On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:27 PM, erik quanstrom wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am trying to use a Logitech USB Keyboard+Mouse in Plan 9. The keyboard
    >> is running in the bios, but when Plan 9 is starting the keyboard is not
    >> responding. I can't select where is the root partition (hit enter).
    >>
    >> Any help?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > either
    > (a) compile a kernel without usb support and use that, or
    >
    > (b) add usb/usbd and usb/kb to your startup scripts in
    > termrc or cpurc.

    There are some bios'es in which there is a third option: enable USB
    emulation in the bios for PS/2 kb and mouse. Ugly, but it works.

    ron

  4. Re: [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse

    On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 9:12 AM, ron minnich wrote:
    > On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:27 PM, erik quanstrom wrote:
    >>> [how to get usb mouse/keyboard working?]

    >> either
    >> (a) compile a kernel without usb support and use that, or
    >>
    >> (b) add usb/usbd and usb/kb to your startup scripts in
    >> termrc or cpurc.
    >>

    > There are some bios'es in which there is a third option: enable USB
    > emulation in the bios for PS/2 kb and mouse. Ugly, but it works.

    BIOSes have a tendency to disable that emulation when the OS starts
    playing with USB itself, which I'd wager is why erik suggested
    compiling a kernel without USB.
    -sqweek

  5. Re: [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse

    Hello,

    That thread may be related to an issue similar to yours:
    http://groups.google.fr/group/comp.o...db526113595aef

    Cheers,
    Mathieu.

    On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:49:29PM +0200, Rodolfo kix Garci*a wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to use a Logitech USB Keyboard+Mouse in Plan 9. The keyboard
    > is running in the bios, but when Plan 9 is starting the keyboard is not
    > responding. I can't select where is the root partition (hit enter).
    >
    > Any help?
    >
    > Thanks.

  6. Re: [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse

    > Hello,
    >
    > That thread may be related to an issue similar to yours:
    > http://groups.google.fr/group/comp.o...db526113595aef
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Mathieu.

    That mail was in my mailbox ... sorry. Yesterday I looked for the problem
    and I didn't find the solution.

    Thanks.

    --
    Rodolfo García AKA kix