[9fans] command line tool for storing / reading files on venti - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] command line tool for storing / reading files on venti - Plan9 ; > Doesn't matter. Process groups are process groups on any Unix clone. > If it's daemons you're dealing with, then it leaves the scope of this > room. If it's Windows, you're out of luck. Not true, Windows has the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: [9fans] command line tool for storing / reading files on venti

    > Doesn't matter. Process groups are process groups on any Unix clone.
    > If it's daemons you're dealing with, then it leaves the scope of this
    > room. If it's Windows, you're out of luck.

    Not true, Windows has the concept of process groups.

    See the description of CREATE_NEW_PROCESS_GROUP at

    Admittedly this relates only to console applications, however
    that is where it is most useful.

    -Steve

  2. Re: [9fans] command line tool for storing / reading files on venti

    On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
    > * Pietro Gagliardi wrote:
    >> Doesn't matter. Process groups are process groups on any Unix clone.
    >> If it's daemons you're dealing with, then it leaves the scope of this
    >> room. If it's Windows, you're out of luck.

    > I'm running p9p on Linux. No idea where the actual problem sits,
    > but your example left the vacfs-processes running.

    yes but I don't understand why your response to what you think is a
    problem is to write more code instead of figuring out what's going on.

    I realize that's the current open source culture, but I don't know why.

    ron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2