Re: [9fans] Running plan 9 on a Toshiba laptop - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] Running plan 9 on a Toshiba laptop - Plan9 ; > well, the only thing I could find using Widows Vista was: > Intel(R) 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller > and > FUJITSU MHY2250BH are you using a very recent cd? if you can copy down any lines that look like ...

  1. Re: [9fans] Running plan 9 on a Toshiba laptop

    > well, the only thing I could find using Widows Vista was:
    > Intel(R) 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller
    > and
    > FUJITSU MHY2250BH

    are you using a very recent cd?

    if you can copy down any lines that look like these
    that pop up during the boot process and send them
    to me offline?

    #S/sdE: ahci sb600 port 0xe0022800: sss 0 ncs 31 coal 1 mports 3 led 1 clo 1 ems 0
    #S/sdE: sb600: sata-II with 4 ports

    it would also be helpful if you could send me the output
    of a tool like lspci. i don't know if there's a windows
    equivalent. i'm most interested in the vid and did of the
    ahci controller.

    - erik

  2. Re: [9fans] Running plan 9 on a Toshiba laptop

    yes, I downloaded the cd about 10 days ago.
    These are the lines that I could find:

    ahci0 port 0xf0704000: hba sss 0; ncs 31; coal 1; mport 2; led 1; clo 1; ems 0;
    ich: sata-II with 3 ports

    and this is the lspci -vvv output:

    00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Mobile SATA AHCI Controller
    (rev 03) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
    Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Unknown device ff50
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
    ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
    >TAbort- SERR-
    Latency: 0
    Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 66
    Region 0: I/O ports at 1c00 [size=8]
    Region 1: I/O ports at 18d4 [size=4]
    Region 2: I/O ports at 18d8 [size=8]
    Region 3: I/O ports at 18d0 [size=4]
    Region 4: I/O ports at 18e0 [size=32]
    Region 5: Memory at f0704000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
    Capabilities: [80] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit-
    Queue=0/2 Enable+
    Address: fee00000 Data: 4042
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA
    PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold-)
    Capabilities: [a8] #12 [0010]

    And also, for some reason, it takes a while to echo on the screen what
    I write on the keyboard. I mean, if you write something, then it
    appears on screen after 5 seconds, more or less.

    Thanks for your help

    Hugo