[9fans] Running plan 9 on a Toshiba laptop - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Running plan 9 on a Toshiba laptop - Plan9 ; Hi: I downloaded the plan 9 iso image a couple of days ago. I just burned it and booted in a Toshiba with an intel Core2 Duo, with a sata hard drive. When I just run plan 9, without installing ...

  1. [9fans] Running plan 9 on a Toshiba laptop

    Hi:
    I downloaded the plan 9 iso image a couple of days ago.
    I just burned it and booted in a Toshiba with an intel Core2 Duo, with
    a sata hard drive.
    When I just run plan 9, without installing it, everything runs ok, but
    when I choose the install option, it starts loading and the freezes in
    the "use dma" question.
    Any clues?

    Saludos

    Hugo

  2. Re: [9fans] Running plan 9 on a Toshiba laptop

    Hola!

    Any error message?
    What is your disk controller?
    Have you read the wiki? Is it supported?

    Does it freeze whether you choose to use DMA or not?

    éxito!

    On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 3:51 PM, hugo rivera wrote:
    > Hi:
    > I downloaded the plan 9 iso image a couple of days ago.
    > I just burned it and booted in a Toshiba with an intel Core2 Duo, with
    > a sata hard drive.
    > When I just run plan 9, without installing it, everything runs ok, but
    > when I choose the install option, it starts loading and the freezes in
    > the "use dma" question.
    > Any clues?
    >
    > Saludos
    >
    > Hugo