[9fans] Support for Mac OS X Leopard - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Support for Mac OS X Leopard - Plan9 ; Hi, For a long time, I was interested in trying a Mac PC. I have decided on the Mac Mini and I am just waiting for the release of Mac OS X Leopard. Here are my questions related to the ...

  1. [9fans] Support for Mac OS X Leopard

    Hi,

    For a long time, I was interested in trying a Mac PC. I have decided
    on the Mac Mini and I am just waiting for the release of Mac OS X
    Leopard. Here are my questions related to the support of Plan9, Plan9
    port and Inferno on this platform:

    - Can I safely assume I will be able to run Plan9 on a VM like
    Parallels on the Mac with OS X Leopard?

    - Any idea when plan9port, Inferno, and drawterm will be available for Leopard?

    I would also like to know if Mac is used by a fair amount of people
    for running Plan9/Inferno. That way I can assume there will be a fair
    amount of interest in the community and any issues on Mac will be
    addressed.

    Please share your thoughts on this.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks
    dharani

  2. Re: [9fans] Support for Mac OS X Leopard

    > - Can I safely assume I will be able to run Plan9 on a VM like
    > Parallels on the Mac with OS X Leopard?

    yes (it doesn't depend on plan9, but rather on Parallels running under Leopard).

    > - Any idea when plan9port, Inferno, and drawterm will be available for Leopard?

    right after leopard is out. they run on tiger therefore, there
    shouldn't be a problem. is there a particular "feature" of leopard
    you'd like to see plan9/inferno support?

    > I would also like to know if Mac is used by a fair amount of people
    > for running Plan9/Inferno. That way I can assume there will be a fair
    > amount of interest in the community and any issues on Mac will be
    > addressed.

    there are a few people running macs.

  3. Re: [9fans] Support for Mac OS X Leopard

    Hi Andrey,

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    On 9/29/07, andrey mirtchovski wrote:
    > > - Can I safely assume I will be able to run Plan9 on a VM like
    > > Parallels on the Mac with OS X Leopard?

    > yes (it doesn't depend on plan9, but rather on Parallels running under Leopard).

    Yeah, that was my thinking too. I dont see any mention of Leopard in
    Parallels website. Not sure how soon Leopard will be supported.

    > > - Any idea when plan9port, Inferno, and drawterm will be available for Leopard?

    > right after leopard is out. they run on tiger therefore, there
    > shouldn't be a problem. is there a particular "feature" of leopard
    > you'd like to see plan9/inferno support?

    Not really. I wanted to try Mac but at the same time I didnt want to
    stay with Tiger just because of Plan9/Inferno support. I just want to
    try Leopard features and Leopard version of apps like iLife.

    > > I would also like to know if Mac is used by a fair amount of people
    > > for running Plan9/Inferno. That way I can assume there will be a fair
    > > amount of interest in the community and any issues on Mac will be
    > > addressed.

    > there are a few people running macs.

    Thats good to know. During Bay Area meeting, when I asked about Mac
    support, Ron mentioned you use Mac regularly and thats what I have
    noticed in your postings also. Thats really good to know.

    I dont know when Apple will release Leopard but I would have a Mac
    Mini right after that. I thought of the MacBook but I thought it will
    be safer/cheaper to try Mac Mini.

    Thanks
    dharani

+ Reply to Thread