[9fans] page and plumbing - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] page and plumbing - Plan9 ; Hello, After a pull two days ago I noticed that plumbing images to page does not work any more. Page still starts but exits immediately before displaying anything. Starting page manually works as expected. As postscript and pdf files as ...

  1. [9fans] page and plumbing

    Hello,

    After a pull two days ago I noticed that plumbing images to page does not
    work any more. Page still starts but exits immediately before displaying
    anything. Starting page manually works as expected. As postscript and pdf
    files as well as other plumbing targets are unaffected led me to to suspect
    the new image handling code somehow interfers with plumbing.

    If nobody has a fix ready or some deeper insights, I might have some spare
    time to look into this a little further during the weekend.

    Martin

  2. Re: [9fans] page and plumbing

    > After a pull two days ago I noticed that plumbing images to page does not
    > work any more. Page still starts but exits immediately before displaying
    > anything. Starting page manually works as expected. As postscript and pdf
    > files as well as other plumbing targets are unaffected led me to to suspect
    > the new image handling code somehow interfers with plumbing.

    True enough. Here is a better solution:

    cpu% diff -c /n/sources/plan9//sys/src/cmd/page/cache.c /sys/src/cmd/page/cache.c
    /n/sources/plan9//sys/src/cmd/page/cache.c:151,156 - /sys/src/cmd/page/cache.c:151,159
    Image *im;
    int ra;

    + if(doc->npage < 1)
    + return display->white;
    +
    im = _cachedpage(doc, angle, page, "");
    if(im == nil)
    return nil;
    cpu%

    Sorry about that -- I'd forgotten about -i,
    which has always been a hack.

    I've submitted this as a patch.

    It is unfortunately not related to
    Greg Pavelcak's problems, which