/tmp permissions? - Plan9

This is a discussion on /tmp permissions? - Plan9 ; Why would a program complain that it cannot create a file in /tmp, while /tmp is really my privite 'tmp' directory bound to the root? Could it be the filesystem permission nuances or program issues?...

  1. /tmp permissions?

    Why would a program complain that it cannot create a file in /tmp,
    while /tmp is really my privite 'tmp' directory bound to the root?
    Could it be the filesystem permission nuances or program issues?

  2. Re: [9fans] /tmp permissions?

    hello

    the default profile ($home/lib/profile) binds your $home/tmp to /tmp, but if
    the former doesn't exist the bind fails and /tmp is not writable, running
    /sys/lib/newuser is a good idea when creating users as $home/tmp is not
    created by default afaik.

    gabi

    On 9/24/07, pavlovetsky@gmail.com wrote:

    > Why would a program complain that it cannot create a file in /tmp,
    > while /tmp is really my privite 'tmp' directory bound to the root?
    > Could it be the filesystem permission nuances or program issues?

+ Reply to Thread