hello

i think resfs (andrey mirtchovsky) and srvfs are just flavours of what
you are thinking, take a look, may be those inspires you. Also the
plan9 volfs (nemo) could have some ideas.

i think the plan9 way would be something like
9p://server/service_list_fs and then clicking on them would bring you
to that service via a 9p url. . .:-?

i suppose this is just 1 cent.

slds.

gabi