[9fans] Replica "auth protocol" - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Replica "auth protocol" - Plan9 ; Sorry if I missed something I should know, but is this problem at my end or the server end? cpu% replica/pull -v replica srv tcp!sources.cs.bell-labs.com: mount failed: fossil authCheck: auth protocol not finished bind: /n/sources/plan9: '/n/sources/plan9' does not exist servermount: ...

  1. [9fans] Replica "auth protocol"

    Sorry if I missed something I should know, but
    is this problem at my end or the server end?

    cpu% replica/pull -v replica
    srv tcp!sources.cs.bell-labs.com: mount failed: fossil authCheck: auth protocol not finished
    bind: /n/sources/plan9: '/n/sources/plan9' does not exist
    servermount: bind 27676: bind

    I suspect it's not me because it seems to involve fossil,
    which I'm not running anywhere.

    I probably pulled successfully 3 or 4 days ago.
    I usually do it every couple days if I think of it.

    Thanks.

    Greg

  2. Re: [9fans] Replica "auth protocol"

    Sorry, I forgot to mention here that we've removed all accounts from
    sources except those of people who have contrib directories and the
    usual pseudo accounts and administrators.

    So you'll probably want to modify 9fs to mount sources with srv -n
    unless you have a contrib directory.

  3. Re: [9fans] Replica "auth protocol"

    Geoff,
    I've had a user account on sources for a long time but have never
    created a contrib dir. However I still intend to do so for some work
    I have in the queue. What is the process of creating new accounts
    now?

    Tim

    > Sorry, I forgot to mention here that we've removed all accounts from
    > sources except those of people who have contrib directories and the
    > usual pseudo accounts and administrators.
    >
    > So you'll probably want to modify 9fs to mount sources with srv -n
    > unless you have a contrib directory.

  4. Re: [9fans] Replica "auth protocol"

    It's the same process as before: send me mail with your preferred user
    name and initial password. I'll make a contrib directory at the same
    time.

+ Reply to Thread