unix pipes - Plan9

This is a discussion on unix pipes - Plan9 ; Pipe size is implementation dependent. If memory serves Edition 7 used a single disk block of the root device as the buffer, whilst BSD4.2 used Unix domain sockets (though I'am on shakier ground here). On plan9 you can build your ...

  1. unix pipes

    Pipe size is implementation dependent.

    If memory serves Edition 7 used a single disk block of the root device
    as the buffer, whilst BSD4.2 used Unix domain sockets (though I'am on
    shakier ground here).

    On plan9 you can build your own synthetic file pair which can use any
    technique you like of course.

    -Steve

  2. Re: [9fans] unix pipes

    On 9/6/07, steve wrote:
    > whilst BSD4.2 used Unix domain sockets (though I'am on
    > shakier ground here).

    That's what my ancient manuals say.

    ron

  3. Re: [9fans] unix pipes

    On 9/6/07, ron minnich wrote:
    > On 9/6/07, steve wrote:
    > > whilst BSD4.2 used Unix domain sockets (though I'am on
    > > shakier ground here).
    > >

    > That's what my ancient manuals say.
    >
    > ron

    That's what Mac OS X did for a while too until not too long ago... not
    too surprisingly

+ Reply to Thread