Re: [9fans] farewell to /sys/src/fs and IL - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] farewell to /sys/src/fs and IL - Plan9 ; FTS, did not have cwfs those days. Today we'd probably just copy the storage to new disks and then mount it with cwfs. On 8/31/07, Francisco J Ballesteros wrote: > Time ago we did it the hard way, just go ...

  1. Re: [9fans] farewell to /sys/src/fs and IL

    FTS, did not have cwfs those days. Today we'd probably just copy the storage
    to new disks and then mount it with cwfs.

    On 8/31/07, Francisco J Ballesteros wrote:
    > Time ago we did it the hard way, just go day from day and archive on venti.
    > We use vacfs to bind old worm dumps below the actual fossil dump on venti.
    > But there's probably a better way.
    >
    > On 8/31/07, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote:
    > > thanks for pointing this out. it would make things more
    > > difficult here.
    > >
    > > anyone have any notes on migrating from kenfs to fossil/venti?

    > > > i hope the decision to remove il from the distribution is revisited.
    > > > without il, anyone still using ken's fileserver will not be able to run
    > > > a kernel from sources.
    > > >
    > > > - erik

  2. Re: [9fans] farewell to /sys/src/fs and IL

    i wrote a paper on how i ported history from ken's fs to ken's fs.
    i think the technique would work for porting history from any fs
    to any fs. /n/sources/contrib/quanstro/history.ms

    however, we have a working kenfs. kenfs has been stable for a
    very long time. venti+fossil has been problematic for us. i
    would perfer not to switch.

    - erik

+ Reply to Thread