[9fans] lguest instructions - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] lguest instructions - Plan9 ; in /n/sources/contrib/rminnich/lguest you will see this: cpu% pwd /n/sources/contrib/rminnich/lguest cpu% ls 9.tgz (/sys/src/9 to you) 9lguestcpu.elf RUNLGUEST config-2.6.21 grubmenu.lst initrd-2.6.21.img l.tgz (kernel source tree for 2.6.21 with my hacks) lguest thx9.bz2 (IGNORE THIS) vmlinuz-2.6.21 Put RUNLGUEST, lguest, 9lguestcpu.elf, somewhere handy. ...

  1. [9fans] lguest instructions

    in /n/sources/contrib/rminnich/lguest you will see this:
    cpu% pwd
    /n/sources/contrib/rminnich/lguest
    cpu% ls
    9.tgz (/sys/src/9 to you)
    9lguestcpu.elf
    RUNLGUEST
    config-2.6.21
    grubmenu.lst
    initrd-2.6.21.img
    l.tgz (kernel source tree for 2.6.21 with my hacks)
    lguest
    thx9.bz2 (IGNORE THIS)
    vmlinuz-2.6.21

    Put RUNLGUEST, lguest, 9lguestcpu.elf, somewhere handy. Get the root
    file system image from xen somewhere.
    Put vmlinuz-2.6.21 and initrd-2.6.21.img whereever you boot kernels.
    Add grubmenu.lst lines to your grub. Boot.

    then just sh RUNLGUEST in that handy directory. It should "just work".
    If not, send me problems, output, etc.

    l.tgz is my hacked up 2.6.21, but most of my mods are just debug and
    not needed. 9.tgz is a source tree, the result of this:
    #!/bin/rc
    bind -bc src/boot src/boot
    bind -bc src/ip src/ip
    bind -bc src/pc src/pc
    bind -bc src/port src/port
    bind -a /sys/src/9/pc src/pc
    bind -a /sys/src/9/ip src/ip
    bind -a /sys/src/9/boot src/boot
    bind -a /sys/src/9/port src/port

    i.e. I don't really clone the entire source tree, but in case your
    source differs from mine, you want the tree I build from too.

    Once lguest is up you should be able to drawterm:
    drawterm -a 192.168.19.2 -c 192.168.19.2 -u bootes
    password is determined by your xen root.

    thanks

    ron

  2. [9fans] appology

    my previous email was susposed to go to ron rather than the list.

    I'am sorry if it sounded like I was be-littleing the work to get dillo
    running under linuxemu - I would have phrased it better if I had thought
    it was going to the list. I meant I understand it is more pain and hassle
    researching forign binaries runtime requirments than actually codeing support
    for them.

    -Steve

+ Reply to Thread