[9fans] Floppy Image - Plan9

    --
    Bad web design can hurt your business! Click to hire a professional
    http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6...DVlsEu5by0wdH/

  2. Re: [9fans] Floppy Image

    > My Linux system tells me the .gz'd floppy image is corrupt. I have
    > an IBM from circa 1997 I would like to test run Plan 9 on. Any help
    > would be appreciated!

    I would think that a computer from 1997 would be able to boot from
    a CD-ROM... can't it?

    John

  3. Re: [9fans] Floppy Image

    i also tried booting a plan9 floppy on a old machine and all floppies
    complained about no valid dos fs found. even if it mounts on a freebsd
    and netbsd os with all the files on.
    Raphael

    On 7/25/07, Ben Knuth wrote:

    > --
    > Bad web design can hurt your business! Click to hire a professional
    > http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6...DVlsEu5by0wdH/

  4. Re: [9fans] Floppy Image

    On 7/25/07, john@csplan9.rit.edu wrote:

    > > My Linux system tells me the .gz'd floppy image is corrupt. I have
    > > an IBM from circa 1997 I would like to test run Plan 9 on. Any help
    > > would be appreciated!

    > I would think that a computer from 1997 would be able to boot from
    > a CD-ROM... can't it?

    If not, use this:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/btmgr/

    -Jack