[9fans] IPv6 router solicitation? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] IPv6 router solicitation? - Plan9 ; Hi all, is anyone running Plan9 with IPv6 autoconfigured addresses and router solicitation? And could perhaps post a cpurc/termrc snippet on autoconfiguration? I followed the ip and ipconfig manpages' description on router advertisements and automatic completion of prefixes to addresses. ...

  1. [9fans] IPv6 router solicitation?

    Hi all,
    is anyone running Plan9 with IPv6 autoconfigured
    addresses and router solicitation? And could perhaps
    post a cpurc/termrc snippet on autoconfiguration?

    I followed the ip and ipconfig manpages' description on
    router advertisements and automatic completion of prefixes
    to addresses. Testing with tcpdump/snoopy it seems as if
    router advertisments are ignored, and router solicitation
    messages never sent. From the ip(3) manpage it is unclear
    how to set the IPv6 default gateway manually.

    Best regards,

    Matthias

  2. Re: [9fans] IPv6 router solicitation?

    Have a look at /rc/bin/ipv6on

+ Reply to Thread