[9fans] The Misused Mouse - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] The Misused Mouse - Plan9 ; http://hci-matters.com/blog/?p=8 Just keep in mind, there's one right way to do everything. (sigh)...

  1. [9fans] The Misused Mouse

    http://hci-matters.com/blog/?p=8
    Just keep in mind, there's one right way to do everything. (sigh)

  2. Re: [9fans] The Misused Mouse

    > http://hci-matters.com/blog/?p=8

    the mouse may be retired for the finger if done the iphone way
    (maybe). iphone is a cool gadget. i like the way magnification is
    controlled with two fingure motion.

  3. Re: [9fans] The Misused Mouse

  4. Re: [9fans] The Misused Mouse

    > http://hci-matters.com/blog/?p=8
    > Just keep in mind, there's one right way to do everything. (sigh)

    Yes, look at the poor proletariot, pretending that ctrl-s is faster than
    grabbing the mouse and mid-clicking on "Put"! Fallacy.

    If anybody needs me, I'll be burning my keyboard at the Altar of
    The Mouse.

    John

  5. Re: [9fans] The Misused Mouse

  6. Re: [9fans] The Misused Mouse

    Paul Lalonde wrote:
    > I'm just annoyed at the repeated fallacy that a pointing tablet &
    > stylus is better than the mouse. That's only true if the display is
    > the tablet - absolute position interfaces are very awkward to
    > navigate with when you're not looking at them.

    You can say exactly the same thing about the mouse!
    The obvious solution is to drive a cursor. In the PEAC
    product (calligraphic vector display and tablet) we used
    full-screen crosshairs (low intensity) and it worked great.
    If you have ever tried to draw with a mouse and with a
    tablet, assuming good software, you'll have found that the
    tablet is better for fine detail.

+ Reply to Thread