Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation - Plan9

This is a discussion on Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation - Plan9 ; Can I install plan-9 on VMWare Workstation? If so, I got some problems and it didn't run as i expected. My VMWare Station is version 5.5.1 build-19175. It stops after that "Install mbr (y, n) [no default]: " and that ...

  1. Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation

    Can I install plan-9 on VMWare Workstation? If so, I got some problems
    and it didn't run as i expected. My VMWare Station is version 5.5.1
    build-19175. It stops after that "Install mbr (y, n) [no default]: "
    and that i choose yes. Only ">>>" is waiting. What should i do next?

    Also another question, what is the exact filesize of the CD image. I
    mean the ISO file. I download it twice but got two different sizes of
    image. One of them is 267 MB (280,584,192 bytes). Is it correct? Or
    there may be some errors while downloading.

    Thanks.
    Regards.

  2. Re: [9fans] Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation

    > Also another question, what is the exact filesize of the CD image. I
    > mean the ISO file. I download it twice but got two different sizes of
    > image. One of them is 267 MB (280,584,192 bytes). Is it correct? Or
    > there may be some errors while downloading.

    the downloadable image is rebuilt every night and bzip2'd. if the image
    were corrupted, bunzip2 should give you errors.

    - erik

  3. Re: Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation

    Thanks Erik.

+ Reply to Thread