[9fans] Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation - Plan9 ; Hi, all Can I install plan-9 on VMWare Workstation? If so, I got some problems and it didn't run as i expected. My VMWare Station is version 5.5.1 build-19175. It stops after that "Install mbr (y, n) [no default]: " ...

  1. [9fans] Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation

    Hi, all

    Can I install plan-9 on VMWare Workstation? If so, I got some problems and
    it didn't run as i expected. My VMWare Station is version 5.5.1 build-19175.
    It stops after that "Install mbr (y, n) [no default]: " and that i choose
    yes. Only ">>>" is waiting. What should i do next?

    Also another question, what is the exact filesize of the CD image. I mean
    the ISO file. I download it twice but got two different sizes of image. One
    of them is 267 MB (280,584,192 bytes). Is it correct? Or there may be some
    errors while downloading.

    Thanks.
    Regards.

    --
    Regards

    Orlando. 孙睿

    MSN: sunrui82@hotmail.com

  2. Re: [9fans] Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation

    On 7/1/07, fouRmi Sun wrote:
    > Also another question, what is the exact filesize of the CD image. I mean
    > the ISO file. I download it twice but got two different sizes of image. One
    > of them is 267 MB (280,584,192 bytes). Is it correct? Or there may be some
    > errors while downloading.

    Did you download these on the same day? The cd image is built every
    night from the latest sources, so if you downloaded them on different
    days these different sizes are to be expected. See
    http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9checksums.txt for the checksums of the
    image.

    Greetings, Sander.

  3. Re: Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation

    On 7月1日, 下午5时49分, mahm...@gammal.org (MahmoudAlGammal) wrote:
    > You can get a VMware Server image herehttp://blog.gammal.org/2007/05/plan9-vmware-image.html. I think it might
    > also work under Workstation.

    Thanks Mahmoud AlGammal

    But I cannot browse your website. I'm sure it will be very useful. I
    dunno why.

    Thanks anyway.

    Orlando.
    Regards.

  4. Re: Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation

    Thanks Sander. I got it.

    Regards.
    Orlando

+ Reply to Thread