Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ? - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ? - Plan9 ; On 6/29/07, Enrico Weigelt wrote: > * Francisco J Ballesteros wrote: > > > Another problem is that in general, only the user or the application > > knows when it's a problem, and when it's a s l o ...

  1. Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ?

    On 6/29/07, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
    > * Francisco J Ballesteros wrote:
    >
    > > Another problem is that in general, only the user or the application
    > > knows when it's a problem, and when it's a s l o o w link.

    > No keepalive / ping to check network problems ?

    in the good old days of tcp/ip over radio, there were links that went
    silent for days in some cases, then continued. SO:

    > It really shouldn't hang up if the server dies.

    if the server is half a world away, how do you know if it's dead? I
    think in the limit this is a tough problem.

    ron

  2. Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ?

    On 6/29/07, ron minnich wrote:
    > if the server is half a world away, how do you know if it's dead? I
    > think in the limit this is a tough problem.

    http://www.ipnsig.org/reports/draft-...rg-arch-01.txt

    Though, it looks like they dodge the issue a bit.

    -Jack

+ Reply to Thread