Hi

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 20:32 +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> AFAIK IE's and KDE's approaches go some bit in that direction
> (at least they've got one file per bookmark), but still not far
> enough. Many people have objections against splitting such things
> into dozens of micro-files, ie. because not to waste OS resources.
> With an minimalistic userland 9p2000 client and appropriate servlets,
> we not just get it down, but also have an very simple interface to
> support virtally any kind of bookmark storage. Also the trouble of
> "profile sharing" (in other words: multiple access) would be trivial
> to solve. Not to mention dozens of other problems this solved.

To me, the biggest advantage of the architecture you seem to have
in mind is that it becomes extra easy to access and manipulate those
objects (e.g. bookmarks, visited pages, etc.) from outside of the
Mozilla. Grepping through the recently visited pages seems to be
quite useful at times.

Thanks,
Roman.