Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ? - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ? - Plan9 ; > So what kind of advantages does npfs and spfs have over lib9client ? Mainly that they don't depend on p9p, including the libraries and factotum. -- Kris Maglione People in systems do not do what the systems says they ...

  1. Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ?

    --
    Kris Maglione

    People in systems do not do what the systems says
    they are doing.

  2. Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ?

    On 6/28/07, Kris Maglione wrote:
    > > So what kind of advantages does npfs and spfs have over lib9client ?

    > Mainly that they don't depend on p9p, including the libraries
    > and factotum.

    I don't know if this is an 'advantage', but I had problems with p9p
    stuff on 2.4, mainly due to the fact that 2.4 threads were so
    marginal. npfs and spfs were a better fit for me than the p9p stuff
    for that case.

    ron

+ Reply to Thread