This is an excellent idea, and one example of where 9P can work as a
language and architecture agnostic application interface.

You might want to look into the GSoC project to write an Inferno
plugin for Mozilla, I am afraid it doesn't have its own page in yet, but bnext has posted about it in
the blog and he was discussing his work in
#plan9-gsoc just yesterday, so you might want to join and talk with
him about some coordination.

Best wishes