Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ? - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ? - Plan9 ; Uriel maintains a web page with all the different options for various languages. One place to look is at npfs/spfs which is maintained as a sourceforge project. There are some incomplete developer works articles on using it via my blog ...

  1. Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ?

    Uriel maintains a web page with all the different options for various
    languages. One place to look is at npfs/spfs which is maintained as a
    sourceforge project. There are some incomplete developer works
    articles on using it via my blog (http://www.graverobber.org)

    -eric

    On 6/28/07, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I'd like to write some small 9P2000 servers on Linux.
    > What do I need for that ?
    >

    > Thx
    > --
    > Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
    > Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
    > http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
    > Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
    > http://patches.metux.de/

  2. Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ?

    I've written servers with the spfs library and found it very, very easy.

    ron

  3. Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ?

    See http://9p.cat-v.org

    I'm still waiting for some kind of npfs/spfs release I can link to
    from there, last I checked spfs was only accessible as some random
    tree in the v9fs cvs.

    uriel

  4. Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ?

    On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 07:28 -0700, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    > Uriel maintains a web page with all the different options for various
    > languages. One place to look is at npfs/spfs which is maintained as a
    > sourceforge project. There are some incomplete developer works
    > articles on using it via my blog (http://www.graverobber.org)

    So what kind of advantages does npfs and spfs have over lib9client ?

    Thanks,
    Roman.

  5. Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ?

    On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 02:51:23AM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
    >I've tracked it down a little bit. Seems the iounit in the fid
    >is zero (no idea why). And that leads ixp_read() to do actually
    >nothing, but return immediately. So the files get opened, but
    >not a bit is read.

    I guess you missed my other response...

    --
    Kris Maglione

    Never eat at a place called moms, never play cards with a
    man named doc, and never lie down with a woman who has
    got more troubles than you.

  6. Re: [9fans] What do I need for a small 9P2000 server @ Linux ?

    On 6/28/07, Uriel wrote:
    > See http://9p.cat-v.org
    >
    > I'm still waiting for some kind of npfs/spfs release I can link to
    > from there, last I checked spfs was only accessible as some random
    > tree in the v9fs cvs.

    I put a tarball out at sf.net (npfs project).

    -eric

+ Reply to Thread