Re: [9fans] unable to download install CD - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] unable to download install CD - Plan9 ; If you or anyone else is interested I also had trouble downloading the ISO so I just downloaded this pre-made Plan9 VMware image for the cost of bandwidth: http://blog.gammal.org/2007/05/plan9-vmware-image.html I think the ISO might be available via torrent too, check ...

  1. Re: [9fans] unable to download install CD

    If you or anyone else is interested I also had trouble downloading the ISO
    so I just downloaded this pre-made Plan9 VMware image for the cost of
    bandwidth:

    http://blog.gammal.org/2007/05/plan9-vmware-image.html

    I think the ISO might be available via torrent too, check some of the
    popular legal torrent sites...

    --
    Mike Brito, Jr.
    401.714.1294

  2. Re: [9fans] unable to download install CD

    On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 03:05:29PM -0400, Michael S. Brito, Jr. wrote:
    > If you or anyone else is interested I also had trouble downloading the ISO
    > so I just downloaded this pre-made Plan9 VMware image for the cost of
    > bandwidth:

    I tend to recommend the FreeOSZoo Qemu image (which is only
    available via bittorrent) to new users with good results. The
    only real downside is the painfully slow IO, even with KQemu
    (which does work, despite the note in the readme).

    http://www.oszoo.org/wiki/index.php/Plan9_070107.zip

    --
    Kris Maglione

    Fools rush in -- and get the best seats.

+ Reply to Thread