[9fans] copy/paste between osx and plan9 running in parallels - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] copy/paste between osx and plan9 running in parallels - Plan9 ; i'm using parallels more and more often nowadays to run Plan 9. one of the things that annoy me is the inability to copy/paste between the hosted plan9 and the hosting osx. i couldn't find a solution anywhere so i ...

  1. [9fans] copy/paste between osx and plan9 running in parallels

    i'm using parallels more and more often nowadays to run Plan 9. one of
    the things that annoy me is the inability to copy/paste between the
    hosted plan9 and the hosting osx. i couldn't find a solution anywhere
    so i wrote a file server that exports the osx snarf buffer to the
    parallels network via 9p. this fs serves a single file, "snarf", which
    is mounted before /dev/snarf just before rio is run. you can guess
    what happens when you write to and from it.

    more explanation and source can be found here:

    http://mirtchovski.com/p9/osxsnarf/

    here's how my lib/profile looks in the "terminal" section (my
    parallels machine is called "parr"):

    if(~ $sysname parr) {
    # under parallels try to import OSX's
    # snarf buffer served by osxsnarf
    srv tcp!10.1.0.2!18001 snarf
    mount -b /srv/snarf /dev
    }

    yes, i did use osxsnarf to copy the above text in rio and paste it in osx.

  2. Re: [9fans] copy/paste between osx and plan9 running in parallels

    On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 11:42:19AM -0600, andrey mirtchovski wrote:
    > i'm using parallels more and more often nowadays to run Plan 9. one of
    > the things that annoy me is the inability to copy/paste between the
    > hosted plan9 and the hosting osx. i couldn't find a solution anywhere
    > so i wrote a file server that exports the osx snarf buffer to the
    > parallels network via 9p. this fs serves a single file, "snarf", which
    > is mounted before /dev/snarf just before rio is run. you can guess
    > what happens when you write to and from it.

    I don't use OS X, but I generally use Inferno to export #^ and #U* for
    things like that. It's incredibly convenient.

    --
    Kris Maglione

    The spot you are scrubbing on glassware is always on
    the other side.

+ Reply to Thread