Re: [9fans] questions for the Plan 9 aces out there... - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] questions for the Plan 9 aces out there... - Plan9 ; > albumfs What would this do? I would have expected he is after somthing like filckrfs to up/down load images at flickr.com? maybe all he needs is a web server and a bit of awk to generate the html around ...

  1. Re: [9fans] questions for the Plan 9 aces out there...

    > albumfs

    What would this do?

    I would have expected he is after somthing like filckrfs to
    up/down load images at flickr.com?

    maybe all he needs is a web server and a bit of awk to generate
    the html around a directory of pictures.

    actually this would be useful, anyone with an in-depth knowledge
    of what is acceptable in html these days written such a piece of awk?

    -Steve

  2. Re: [9fans] questions for the Plan 9 aces out there...

    > > albumfs
    >
    > What would this do?

    Sort my pictures by date, tag, album, exif data, etc... Using a synthetic fs.

    > I would have expected he is after somthing like filckrfs to
    > up/down load images at flickr.com?
    >
    > maybe all he needs is a web server and a bit of awk to generate
    > the html around a directory of pictures.

    Indeed, you are right, but I speak personally when I say that I prefer
    to handle my own pictures...

    Anyway some awk would do the job

    Cheers!

  3. Re: [9fans] questions for the Plan 9 aces out there...

    > actually this would be useful, anyone with an in-depth knowledge
    > of what is acceptable in html these days written such a piece of awk?

    i have a simple html generator (piggy.rc) in contrib. it uses
    resample to generate thumbnails.

    there are new libraries (like Yahoo's YUI) that have cool gadgets
    and code that can be used to do something fancy. in that case
    you'd just generate the xml or json that has the references (url's)
    to things like thumbnails and descriptions. it could then display
    them (slide-show animation style probably) using the preferred
    style, etc.

  4. Re: [9fans] questions for the Plan 9 aces out there...

    the perl script i use to generate galleries can be rewritten in rc or
    awk or whatever:

    http://mirtchovski.com/2007-05-04-Karting/

    it can be hosted on plan 9 just fine (it was hosted on 9grid for a year or so)

    if anyone wants to use it give me a shout in private and i'll send it
    to you together with the javascript used on the site.

+ Reply to Thread