[9fans] C is me - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] C is me - Plan9 ; weren't we all in love with Candice? ok. well i declared a string today "/??/n:", because that's what iomangler throws at me as a prefix, at times. guess what the bytes are. there is an "easy" but wrong answer. get ...

  1. [9fans] C is me

    weren't we all in love with Candice?

    ok. well i declared a string today "/??/n:", because that's
    what iomangler throws at me as a prefix, at times.

    guess what the bytes are. there is an "easy" but wrong
    answer. get out your books! i was surprised but all is well.
    work around. so i went down the pub.

    watching dudesses play tennis as you sip a coldy
    is better than bashing at dumb-C.

    brucee

    yeah, shut up - and get over it.

  2. Re: [9fans] C is me

    On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 05:43:02PM +1000, Bruce Ellis wrote:
    > weren't we all in love with Candice?
    >
    > ok. well i declared a string today "/??/n:", because that's
    > what iomangler throws at me as a prefix, at times.
    >
    > guess what the bytes are.

    With the trigraph if preprocessed on a non unicode (not plan9):
    "/\n:"

    but I guess this is the "easy" answer, and you are telling that unicode
    comes in the way? (and I seem to recall that I read somewhere that
    the compiler suite does not handle trigraphs---but I can't find
    right now where I read that).
    --
    Thierry Laronde (Alceste)
    http://www.kergis.com/

  3. Re: [9fans] C is me

    "Bruce Ellis" wrote...
    > ok. well i declared a string today "/??/n:", because that's
    > what iomangler throws at me as a prefix, at times.

    Perhaps if you'd learned about trigraphs instead of griping about them,
    you'd at least have suspected there could be a problem. At least there
    is a simple workaround.

    P.S. I think it was a mistake for the standard not to also provide a
    trigraph sequence that expands to ?. It would make automated
    code generation easier.

  4. Re: [9fans] C is me

    what else should i learn, except to be surprised by them screwing with me?

    do tell.

    brucee

    On 5/30/07, Douglas A. Gwyn wrote:
    > "Bruce Ellis" wrote...
    > > ok. well i declared a string today "/??/n:", because that's
    > > what iomangler throws at me as a prefix, at times.

    > Perhaps if you'd learned about trigraphs instead of griping about them,
    > you'd at least have suspected there could be a problem. At least there
    > is a simple workaround.
    >
    > P.S. I think it was a mistake for the standard not to also provide a
    > trigraph sequence that expands to ?. It would make automated
    > code generation easier.

+ Reply to Thread