[9fans] Acme question? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Acme question? - Plan9 ; If there is a file open (being edited) in acme. I want to read-in the contents of another file in the open file at the cursor position. How can I achieve that? Can a part of the open file be ...

  1. [9fans] Acme question?

    If there is a file open (being edited) in acme. I
    want to read-in the contents of another file
    in the open file at the cursor position. How can I
    achieve that?

    Can a part of the open file be written out to another
    file?

    -ishwar

  2. Re: [9fans] Acme question?

  3. [9fans] Re: Acme question?

    Paul Lalonde wrote:

    > Edit r filename
    > will read filename at the current selection.

    Or you can put " point, highlight and B2 it.

    !snip!
    --
    Darren Bane

  4. Re: [9fans] Acme question?

    >> If there is a file open (being edited) in acme. I
    >> want to read-in the contents of another file
    >> in the open file at the cursor position. How can I
    >> achieve that?
    >>
    >> Can a part of the open file be written out to another
    >> file?

    another way besides the edit commands is to
    execute

    with the cursor at the location to insert.

    and you can highlight the part to save
    and execute

    >cat>file

    russ