Re: [9fans] delete mail from mailfs via script - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] delete mail from mailfs via script - Plan9 ; > is there any paper on mailfs ? > I'd like to know how it works - maybe its suited to be used > in cross-platform MUAs too. Nope, just the source. http://swtch.com/usr/local/plan9/src/cmd/upas/nfs It is IMAP-only right now and depends ...

  1. Re: [9fans] delete mail from mailfs via script

    > is there any paper on mailfs ?
    > I'd like to know how it works - maybe its suited to be used
    > in cross-platform MUAs too.

    Nope, just the source.
    http://swtch.com/usr/local/plan9/src/cmd/upas/nfs
    It is IMAP-only right now and depends on factotum.

    Mailfs is inspired by Plan 9's upas/fs, which is at
    http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/p...c/cmd/upas/fs/
    and documented at
    http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/4/upasfs

    There are differences between the two interfaces but they
    are pretty minor. The implementations are very different
    (mailfs is imap-backed and pages messages in on demand;
    upas/fs can read from plan 9's local mail spools, pop3, and imap,
    but it keeps the messages all in memory).

    Russ

  2. Re: [9fans] delete mail from mailfs via script

    This might be of interest:
    http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/c...ground/upas.ps

    I don't know how outdated it is though.

    Regards.

    Felipe

    On 5/21/07, Russ Cox wrote:
    > > is there any paper on mailfs ?
    > > I'd like to know how it works - maybe its suited to be used
    > > in cross-platform MUAs too.

    > Nope, just the source.
    > http://swtch.com/usr/local/plan9/src/cmd/upas/nfs
    > It is IMAP-only right now and depends on factotum.
    >
    > Mailfs is inspired by Plan 9's upas/fs, which is at
    > http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/p...c/cmd/upas/fs/
    > and documented at
    > http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/4/upasfs
    >
    > There are differences between the two interfaces but they
    > are pretty minor. The implementations are very different
    > (mailfs is imap-backed and pages messages in on demand;
    > upas/fs can read from plan 9's local mail spools, pop3, and imap,
    > but it keeps the messages all in memory).
    >
    > Russ

+ Reply to Thread