[9fans] Not a rant. Don't disregard. - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Not a rant. Don't disregard. - Plan9 ; Is anybody finding it rather ridiculous that a thread with the opposite title of this one is being continued to such a degree? Can these conversations be taken to something like alt.plan9.tangents.and.random.discussions.that.may .or.may.not.actually.relate.to.the.os? I know I have my moments of ...

  1. [9fans] Not a rant. Don't disregard.

    Is anybody finding it rather ridiculous that a thread with the
    opposite title of this one is being continued to such a degree? Can
    these conversations be taken to something like
    alt.plan9.tangents.and.random.discussions.that.may .or.may.not.actually.relate.to.the.os?

    I know I have my moments of off-topicness, but yeesh.

    --dho

  2. [9fans] Re: Not a rant. Don't disregard.

    Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
    > Is anybody finding it rather ridiculous that a thread with the
    > opposite title of this one is being continued to such a degree? Can
    > these conversations be taken to something like
    > alt.plan9.tangents.and.random.discussions.that.may .or.may.not.actually.relate.to.the.os?
    >
    > I know I have my moments of off-topicness, but yeesh.

    So long as it's flagged as [OT] or similar in the subject line, I don't
    mind. I haven't opened that thread once, and don't intend to. The only
    cost is a miniscule one in bandwidth and storage, which I don't pay for.
    --
    Darren Bane

  3. Re: [9fans] Not a rant. Don't disregard.

    On 5/17/07, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
    > Is anybody finding it rather ridiculous that a thread with the
    > opposite title of this one is being continued to such a degree?

    Oh, you mean that thread is serious? I figured it was more monty python.

    we've already got one.

    ron

  4. Re: [9fans] Not a rant. Don't disregard.

    On 5/18/07, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
    > Is anybody finding it rather ridiculous that a thread with the
    > opposite title of this one is being continued to such a degree?

    Yes, it meanders wildly at times but it is all part of a process.
    Forming -> Storming -> Norming -> Performing.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forming...ing-performing
    http://www.businessballs.com/tuckman...performing.htm

    Yours faithfully,
    Navin.r.j

  5. Re: [9fans] Not a rant. Don't disregard.

    in respect to Boyd i would say "shut the f*ck up and write some
    code ... or write some endless crap to a mailing list".

    that's why i seldom read mailing lists.

    nothing is more boring than "linux does it".

    guess what ... if it does you are lucky. if it doesn't then file
    an ignored bug report.

    shut up.

    brucee

    On 5/18/07, Navin Johnson wrote:
    > On 5/18/07, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
    > > Is anybody finding it rather ridiculous that a thread with the
    > > opposite title of this one is being continued to such a degree?

    > Yes, it meanders wildly at times but it is all part of a process.
    > Forming -> Storming -> Norming -> Performing.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forming...ing-performing
    > http://www.businessballs.com/tuckman...performing.htm
    >
    > Yours faithfully,
    > Navin.r.j

  6. Re: [9fans] Not a rant. Don't disregard.

    On 5/18/07, Bruce Ellis wrote:
    > in respect to Boyd i would say "shut the f*ck up and write some
    > code ... or write some endless crap to a mailing list".

    Thanks to all, and especially Brucee, for suffering a fool for as long
    as you have.

  7. Re: [9fans] Not a rant. Don't disregard.

    Well, those of you using GMail can turn on keyboard shortcuts and use "m" to
    banish the thread to your archives. I'm not sure why the keyboard shortcut
    seems to be the only way to get at this feature.

    -Karl

    On 5/17/07, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:

    > Is anybody finding it rather ridiculous that a thread with the
    > opposite title of this one is being continued to such a degree? Can
    > these conversations be taken to something like
    >
    > alt.plan9.tangents.and.random.discussions.that.may .or.may.not.actually.relate.to.the.os
    > ?
    >
    > I know I have my moments of off-topicness, but yeesh.
    >
    > --dho

+ Reply to Thread