    I was googling around when I found this: http://9os.org

    my question is: wtf?

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  2. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    2007/5/16, Federico Benavento :
    > I was googling around when I found this: http://9os.org
    >
    > my question is: wtf?

    It's an experiment. Whether or not anything happens with it is not
    really known yet, but most of the purpose is outlined in some of the
    subpages. I'm surprised google picked it up because afaik it's not
    linked anywhere. It's nascent state is the reason it hasn't been
    mentioned. We haven't even set up machines for it yet.

    --dho

    > --
    > Federico G. Benavento

  3. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    On 5/16/07, Federico Benavento wrote:
    > I was googling around when I found this: http://9os.org
    >
    > my question is: wtf?

    f%ck off! Where' the People's Front of Judea....

    -eric

  4. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    >From their page:

    "We're currently collaborating to develop a set of ideals and goals
    for the project".

    I just love that

    On 5/16/07, Federico Benavento wrote:
    > I was googling around when I found this: http://9os.org
    >
    > my question is: wtf?
    >
    > --
    > Federico G. Benavento

  5. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    On 5/16/07, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    > On 5/16/07, Federico Benavento wrote:
    > > I was googling around when I found this: http://9os.org
    > >
    > > my question is: wtf?
    > >

    > f%ck off! Where' the People's Front of Judea....

    ummm...make that:
    We're the People's Front of Judea...

    -eric

  6. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    >> f%ck off!
    > We're the People's Front of Judea...

    Oh! I thought we were the Popular Front.

  7. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    On 5/16/07, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote:
    > >> f%ck off!

    > > We're the People's Front of Judea...

    > Oh! I thought we were the Popular Front.

    E: PEOPLE'S FRONT!

    S: Whatever happned to the Popular Front?

    E: He's over there.

    A: SSSSPPPPLLITTTTERRRR!!!!!

  8. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    On May 16, 2007, at 1:04 PM, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:

    >> > We're the People's Front of Judea...

    >> Oh! I thought we were the Popular Front.
    >>

    > E: PEOPLE'S FRONT!
    >
    > S: Whatever happned to the Popular Front?
    >
    > E: He's over there.
    >
    > A: SSSSPPPPLLITTTTERRRR!!!!!

    Whatever happened to the Judean People's Front?

  9. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    > Whatever happened to the Judean People's Front?

    wasn't that Judean Popular People's Front?

  10. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    this is getting too religious... of course it could be thatI have
    /dev/sarcasm off who knows?

    On 5/16/07, Kim Shrier wrote:

    > >> Oh! I thought we were the Popular Front.
    > >>

    > > E: PEOPLE'S FRONT!
    > >
    > > S: Whatever happned to the Popular Front?
    > >
    > > E: He's over there.
    > >
    > > A: SSSSPPPPLLITTTTERRRR!!!!!
    > >

    > Whatever happened to the Judean People's Front?

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  11. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    On 5/16/07, Federico Benavento wrote:
    > this is getting too religious... of course it could be thatI have
    > /dev/sarcasm off who knows?

    …or you're just missing a cultural reference; see .

    --Joel

  12. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    On 5/16/07, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    > On 5/16/07, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    > > On 5/16/07, Federico Benavento wrote:
    > > > I was googling around when I found this: http://9os.org
    > > >
    > > > my question is: wtf?
    > > >

    > > f%ck off! Where' the People's Front of Judea....
    > >

    > ummm...make that:
    > We're the People's Front of Judea...
    >
    > -eric

    I thought we were the Popular Front.

  13. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    > I was googling around when I found this: http://9os.org
    >
    > my question is: wtf?

    Whatever it is, it's inaccessible to mothra (and who knows which other
    browsers?) because it tries to use meta refresh trickery instead of
    standard http redirect, without including an alternative link:

    $ hget http://9os.org

  14. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    Richard Miller wrote:
    >> I was googling around when I found this: http://9os.org
    >>
    >> my question is: wtf?

    > Whatever it is, it's inaccessible to mothra (and who knows which other
    > browsers?) because it tries to use meta refresh trickery instead of
    > standard http redirect, without including an alternative link:
    >
    > $ hget http://9os.org

    'Standard' w/r anything 'html' is just as mythical and hard to find in the real
    world as 'Mothra'.

    'Conflicting advocacies of incompatible bloat' would be wordier, but more on point.

    In any case, the site works with:

    - Netscape/Mozilla/SeaMonkey/Firefox

    - Opera

    - IE (More's the pity!)

    - Safari

    - Camino

    - Lynx

    ... and probably several other browsers I don't have readily to hand..

    Pragma - tically,

    Bill

  15. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    > 'Conflicting advocacies of incompatible bloat' would be wordier, but more on point.

    Would it really be so bloated to replace the empty page body with
    Click here if your browser
    is too minimalist to redirect automatically.

  16. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    Richard Miller wrote:
    >> 'Conflicting advocacies of incompatible bloat' would be wordier, but more on point.

    > Would it really be so bloated to replace the empty page body with
    > Click here if your browser
    > is too minimalist to redirect automatically.

    Not really - that was actually in an earlier page (almost verbatim, in fact.)

    Try it now.

    Too many women, too little time.

    At my age, such priorities command immensely more respect than playing with

    'HoT MetaL'...

    Bill

  17. Re: [9fans] 9os?

    > Try it now.