Re: Warning: Rant. Please disregard. [Was: Re: [9fans] Is IBM ThinkPad - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: Warning: Rant. Please disregard. [Was: Re: [9fans] Is IBM ThinkPad - Plan9 ; > I hope the end users gain the most. What is the purpose of writing an > operating system if you don't expect average folks to use it or > develop for it? Getting rid of blinkers? ++L...

  1. Re: Warning: Rant. Please disregard. [Was: Re: [9fans] Is IBM ThinkPad

    > I hope the end users gain the most. What is the purpose of writing an
    > operating system if you don't expect average folks to use it or
    > develop for it?

    Getting rid of blinkers?

    ++L

  2. Re: Warning: Rant. Please disregard. [Was: Re: [9fans] Is IBM ThinkPad

    On 5/12/07, lucio@proxima.alt.za wrote:

    > Getting rid of blinkers?

    The long tail - "We gained more developers today that didn't write code at
    all yesterday than we gained today of all the developers that did write
    code yesterday". [1]

    Yours faithfully,
    Navin R. Johnson

    [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long_Tail