[9fans] Broken auth after replica/pull - Plan9

  2. Re: [9fans] Broken auth after replica/pull

    > plalonde@paulhome.net password. I've been unable to find this string
    > anywhere in my config files anymore, and have rebooted the cpu server
    > and restarted the drawterm. Could this (instead of plalonde@p9cpu)
    > be the source of my grief? Is there a way to fix it?

    IIRC that's set in your nvram, remember "authdom:" after you
    echoed jflda > /dev/sdC0/nvram and rebooted?

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  3. Re: [9fans] Broken auth after replica/pull

    what's in the startup script for -a/-c?

    > I'm getting to add myself into set of people who have botched their
    > latest pull. But I think I might have done it in a novel way.
    > When I try to drawterm in I get "?password mismatch with auth
    > server"; I've reset my password (auth/changeuser), I've echoed ok to /
    > mnt/keys/plalonde/status, and still, no joy drawterming.
    > One thing is different though. At some point I had a few of the
    > variables in /rc/bin/cpurc.local set to "paulhome.net" instead of my
    > previous "p9cpu"; realizing the error of my ways, I put those back to
    > p9cpu, but my drawterm upon connecting asks for my
    > plalonde@paulhome.net password. I've been unable to find this string
    > anywhere in my config files anymore, and have rebooted the cpu server
    > and restarted the drawterm. Could this (instead of plalonde@p9cpu)
    > be the source of my grief? Is there a way to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Paul (who knows better than to upgrade, but was seduced by /
    > power64/... )

  4. Re: [9fans] Broken auth after replica/pull

    * Paul Lalonde (plalonde@telus.net) wrote:
    > plalonde@paulhome.net password. I've been unable to find this string
    > anywhere in my config files anymore, and have rebooted the cpu server
    > and restarted the drawterm. Could this (instead of plalonde@p9cpu)
    > be the source of my grief? Is there a way to fix it?

    Do you have a p9p factotum running on the machine you run drawterm on?

  5. Re: [9fans] Broken auth after replica/pull

  6. Re: [9fans] Broken auth after replica/pull

  7. Re: [9fans] Broken auth after replica/pull

  8. Re: [9fans] Broken auth after replica/pull

    > That changed it back, but my password (after a new auth/changeuser
    > and echo ok>/mnt/keys/plalonde/status) is still rejected.
    > It's odd that I didn't re-specify authdom: et al. after pulling, yet
    > it changed.
    >
    > More digging.

    That's plalonde@paulhome.net instead of plalonde@p9cpu? (Or viceversa,
    I try to avoid confusing myself and have kept the auth domain unchanged
    forever :-(

    ++L

  9. Re: [9fans] Broken auth after replica/pull

    I'm an idjit. cpurc.local gets run *long* before it should try
    listening...That would be the *wrong* place to put the aux/listen
    commands for your auth server.

    ty fgb.

    Paul

    On 12-May-07, at 9:46 AM, Paul Lalonde wrote:

+ Reply to Thread