[9fans] about resizing code in 9/port/devmouse.c - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] about resizing code in 9/port/devmouse.c - Plan9 ; Hi, Mouse(3) and rio(4) say: 'The mouse and cursor files are multiplexed by rio(1) to give the illusion of a private mouse to each of its clients. The semantics are otherwise the same except that notification of a window resize ...

  1. [9fans] about resizing code in 9/port/devmouse.c

    Hi,

    Mouse(3) and rio(4) say:

    'The mouse and cursor files are multiplexed by rio(1) to give
    the illusion of a private mouse to each of its clients. The
    semantics are otherwise the same except that notification of
    a window resize is passed to the application using a mouse
    message beginning with r rather than m'

    'In a standard mouse message, the first character is m,
    but rio will send an otherwise normal message with
    the first character r if the corresponding window
    has been resized.'

    However, 9/port/devmouse.c seems to be resize-aware. I'm confused.

    Merci beaucoup, david.

  2. Re: [9fans] about resizing code in 9/port/devmouse.c

    > However, 9/port/devmouse.c seems to be resize-aware. I'm confused.

    aux/vga via #v can change the screen size.

  3. Re: [9fans] about resizing code in 9/port/devmouse.c

    > Mouse(3) and rio(4) say:
    >
    > 'The mouse and cursor files are multiplexed by rio(1) to give
    > the illusion of a private mouse to each of its clients. The
    > semantics are otherwise the same except that notification of
    > a window resize is passed to the application using a mouse
    > message beginning with r rather than m'
    >
    > 'In a standard mouse message, the first character is m,
    > but rio will send an otherwise normal message with
    > the first character r if the corresponding window
    > has been resized.'
    >
    > However, 9/port/devmouse.c seems to be resize-aware. I'm confused.

    These are all true. That's how resizes are sent.
    9/port/devmouse.c does send resizes too, if you
    change the vga size after switching to graphics mode.
    The man pages are slightly out of date not to mention
    this. But then, this functionality only barely works.

    Russ

+ Reply to Thread