Announcing announcing work effort. [Was: Re: [9fans] Is IBM ThinkPadR60e notebook compatible with Plan9?] - Plan9

This is a discussion on Announcing announcing work effort. [Was: Re: [9fans] Is IBM ThinkPadR60e notebook compatible with Plan9?] - Plan9 ; On 5/11/07, Uriel wrote: > > Or is asking people to do 9fs + cp(1) too much? Of course it would be > better if people actually posted a short comment about their work to > 9fans, but I can ...

  1. Announcing announcing work effort. [Was: Re: [9fans] Is IBM ThinkPadR60e notebook compatible with Plan9?]

    On 5/11/07, Uriel wrote:

    > Or is asking people to do 9fs + cp(1) too much? Of course it would be
    > better if people actually posted a short comment about their work to
    > 9fans, but I can do even without that as long as people puts the
    > damned code somewhere where others can find it.

    Let me see if I got the problems right. Many people do not announce
    their work. A number of people don`t post their work on sources. If
    so, then what can be done to improve the each situation? Any takers?

    Regards,
    Vester

  2. Re: Announcing announcing work effort. [Was: Re: [9fans] Is IBMThinkPad R60e notebook compatible with Plan9?]

    It is very easy: get people to use 9fs(1) and cp(1), this is not rocket science!

    I could even do without announcements and having people that releases
    source remain anonymous if they don't want to bother answering
    questions about it, I think it is silly, but as long as the code is
    out there and when someone asks me "I would like to work on XXX" I can
    at least point them to "you can find the latest code for XXX over
    there" I'm happy.

    By the way, I just was told apparently there is a working AC97 driver
    (no, not the one from the CMU guys, who apparently seems are
    duplicating existing work.)

    uriel

    On 5/11/07, Vester Thacker wrote:
    > On 5/11/07, Uriel wrote:
    > >
    > > Or is asking people to do 9fs + cp(1) too much? Of course it would be
    > > better if people actually posted a short comment about their work to
    > > 9fans, but I can do even without that as long as people puts the
    > > damned code somewhere where others can find it.

    > Let me see if I got the problems right. Many people do not announce
    > their work. A number of people don`t post their work on sources. If
    > so, then what can be done to improve the each situation? Any takers?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Vester

+ Reply to Thread