[9fans] ICH7 - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] ICH7 - Plan9 ; is anyone working on the 'SATA: Intel ICH7-M chipset with an 82801GBM AHCI SATA interface' listed in the wiki? iru...

  1. [9fans] ICH7

    is anyone working on the 'SATA: Intel ICH7-M chipset with an 82801GBM
    AHCI SATA interface' listed in the wiki?

    iru

  2. Re: [9fans] ICH7

    i will be releasing an intel 63xxesb ahci driver within a week or
    so. if you would be willing to help me with that chipset (i have
    no ich7m hardware), it should be no problem.

    - erik

  3. Re: [9fans] ICH7

    On 5/10/07, erik quanstrom wrote:
    > i will be releasing an intel 63xxesb ahci driver within a week or
    > so. if you would be willing to help me with that chipset (i have
    > no ich7m hardware), it should be no problem.
    >
    > - erik

    i have no experience in driver development under plan 9 but i have the
    hardware (82801GBM).
    if is there anything i can help, count on me.

    iru

  4. Re: [9fans] ICH7

    coraid is pleased to release an intel ahci driver for the
    63xxesb chipset. it's available at /n/sources/patch/sd63xxesb.

    this driver supports hotplugging including suprise removal
    for all 6 ports. in phoenixbios you need to enable sata and
    enhanced mode but do not need to enable ahci. your bios
    may vary.

    the 63xxesb hardware appears to perform well. with samsung
    spinpoint drives, i was able to exceed 80MB/s read with little
    system load.

    the driver also has atapi support code, but this is untested except
    by sata analyzer. (i don't have a sata cdrom.)

    i believe the varients of ich7/ich9 which support ahci should
    also be supported if you add the did for the device in question.
    i did add did 0x27c[45] for the 82801g[bh]m (ich7) controller.
    this device is untested.

    - erik

  5. Re: [9fans] ICH7

  6. Re: [9fans] ICH7

    > Woot. I'm starting to really like Coraid :-)
    >
    > Now the real question: How do we get Coraid interested in USB 2.0
    > drivers? ;-)
    >
    > Paul

    thank you.

  7. Re: [9fans] ICH7

    There are USB 2.0 drivers in the works, just not publicly released, as usual.

    uriel

    On 5/10/07, Paul Lalonde wrote:

  8. Re: [9fans] ICH7

    i heard there's a bluetooth stack in the works too :P

    On 5/10/07, Uriel wrote:
    > There are USB 2.0 drivers in the works, just not publicly released, as usual.
    >
    > uriel

  9. Re: [9fans] ICH7

    I'm pissed that the ESP interface is not out either, I'm ready for the
    mind meld, I want to talk to Glenda telepathically. Or maybe
    telepathetically?

    Man oh man. These people who work for free, on drivers, and don't put
    out -- what's with these guys?

    :-)

    ron

  10. Re: [9fans] ICH7

    > Man oh man. These people who work for free, on drivers, and don't put
    > out -- what's with these guys?

    I heard they're all secretly porting Linux to Plan 9.

    --lyndon

    The longest UNIX error code is ENAMETOOLONG.

+ Reply to Thread