[9fans] PPP fix - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] PPP fix - Plan9 ; Plan 9's ip/ppp doesn't work with my PPPoE ISP (Sympatico). A few years ago I investigated and figured out how to make it work. I think it had something to do with Plan 9's end of the connection not preserving ...

  1. [9fans] PPP fix

    Plan 9's ip/ppp doesn't work with my PPPoE ISP (Sympatico).

    A few years ago I investigated and figured out how to make
    it work. I think it had something to do with Plan 9's end
    of the connection not preserving configuration information
    when sending acknowledgements; sorry I can't remember in
    more detail.

    In case anyone else is having the same problem, here's the
    diff.

    cpu% cpu% diff /n/sources/plan9/sys/src/cmd/ip/ppp/ppp.c /sys/src/cmd/ip/ppp/ppp.c
    1111c1111
    < dropoption(p, o);
    ---
    > /* dropoption(p, o);*/

    1129c1129
    < dropoption(p, o);
    ---
    > /* dropoption(p, o);*/

    1138c1138
    < dropoption(p, o);
    ---
    > /* dropoption(p, o);*/

    1143c1143
    < dropoption(p, o);
    ---
    > /* dropoption(p, o);*/

    1152c1152
    < dropoption(p, o);
    ---
    > /* dropoption(p, o);*/

    1157c1157
    < dropoption(p, o);
    ---
    > /* dropoption(p, o);*/

    1166c1166
    < dropoption(p, o);
    ---
    > /* dropoption(p, o);*/

    1171c1171
    < dropoption(p, o);
    ---
    > /* dropoption(p, o);*/

    1180c1180
    < dropoption(p, o);
    ---
    > /* dropoption(p, o);*/

    James

  2. Re: [9fans] PPP fix

    > Plan 9's ip/ppp doesn't work with my PPPoE ISP (Sympatico).

    Do you still use Plan 9 & PPP with this ISP?

    I worked through this with someone else a while back
    and I think a better fix is

    static void
    dropoption(Pstate *p, Lcpopt *o)
    {
    unsigned n = o->type;

    switch(n){
    >> case Oipaddr:
    >> break;

    case Oipdns:
    p->optmask &= ~Fipdns;
    break;

    but he had other problems too so we never really
    got to try this.

    Russ

  3. Re: [9fans] PPP fix

    On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:40:47AM -0400, Russ Cox wrote:
    > > Plan 9's ip/ppp doesn't work with my PPPoE ISP (Sympatico).

    > Do you still use Plan 9 & PPP with this ISP?
    >
    > I worked through this with someone else a while back
    > and I think a better fix is
    >
    > static void
    > dropoption(Pstate *p, Lcpopt *o)
    > {
    > unsigned n = o->type;
    >
    > switch(n){
    > >> case Oipaddr:
    > >> break;

    > case Oipdns:
    > p->optmask &= ~Fipdns;
    > break;
    >
    > but he had other problems too so we never really
    > got to try this.
    >
    > Russ

    Yes, I still use this ISP. I just tried applying your change
    instead of mine, and it works.

    Thanks
    James

+ Reply to Thread