[9fans] (no subject) - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] (no subject) - Plan9 ; I am getting an unusual error from replica when I try to do a pull from the the labs, looking the source I am not clear what is happening or what to do about it. term% replica/pull -v /dist/replica/network -s ...

  1. [9fans] (no subject)

    I am getting an unusual error from replica when I try to
    do a pull from the the labs, looking the source I am not
    clear what is happening or what to do about it.

    term% replica/pull -v /dist/replica/network -s 386/bin/aquarela
    post...
    stopped updating log apply time because of lib/video.specs
    386/bin/aquarela: locally modified; will not update

    I have a seccond server that is perfectly happy so I assume
    I have corrupted my local state.

    Anyone any thoughts or should I delve deeper into replica?

    -Steve

  2. Re: [9fans] replica error

    > I am getting an unusual error from replica when I try to
    > do a pull from the the labs, looking the source I am not
    > clear what is happening or what to do about it.
    >
    > term% replica/pull -v /dist/replica/network -s 386/bin/aquarela
    > post...
    > stopped updating log apply time because of lib/video.specs
    > 386/bin/aquarela: locally modified; will not update
    >
    > I have a seccond server that is perfectly happy so I assume
    > I have corrupted my local state.
    >
    > Anyone any thoughts or should I delve deeper into replica?

    The context here is that the log apply time
    marks the point in /dist/replica/client/plan9.log
    where the system is up-to-date. Future pulls
    start there in the log. If you specify only a
    subset of the files to pull then this time does
    not get updated if there is a file in the remainder
    of the log that would need to be copied but is not
    specified in the list of files to process.

    That prompts the question, where did I specify
    a list of files to process? The answer is that
    the argument you have given as /dist/replica/network
    is the first non-option argument, so -s and 386/bin/aquarela
    are taken as two more non-option arguments.
    The correct command line is

    replica/pull -v -s 386/bin/aquarela /dist/replica/network

    or just

    pull -v -s 386/bin/aquarela

    using /usr/glenda/bin/rc/pull. The latter exists mainly
    so that you don't have to remember the former.

    Russ

+ Reply to Thread