[9fans] Opening p9p acme to a particular geometry - Plan9

  2. Re: [9fans] Opening p9p acme to a particular geometry

    acme -a -W 1865x1150 -l lib/acme.dump

  3. Re: [9fans] Opening p9p acme to a particular geometry

  4. Re: [9fans] Opening p9p acme to a particular geometry

    > Almost. I was insufficiently specific - I also need to control
    > placement of the window, in order to have it use up nearly my whole
    > screen. -W doesn't seem to handle the extended X11 -geoemtry string: -
    > geometry 1865x1150+0-0

    acme -a -W 1392x942@0,100 -l lib/acme.dump

    from http://9fans.net/archive/2005/02/393.

  5. Re: [9fans] Opening p9p acme to a particular geometry

    > Almost. I was insufficiently specific - I also need to control
    > placement of the window, in order to have it use up nearly my whole
    > screen. -W doesn't seem to handle the extended X11 -geoemtry string: -
    > geometry 1865x1150+0-0

    It does, just not like that. Intro(1):

    Many of the graphical programs from Plan 9 are present,
    including sam(1) and acme(1). An X11 window manager rio(1)
    mimics Plan 9's window system, with command windows imple-
    mented by the external program 9term(1). Following the style
    of X Windows, these programs run in new windows rather than
    the one in which they are invoked. They all take a -W
    option to specify the size and placement of the new window.
    The argument is one of widthxheight, widthxheight@xmin,xmax,
    or xmin,ymin,xmax,ymax.

    So -W 1865x1150@10,10 or -W 10,10,1875,1160

    Russ

  6. Re: [9fans] Opening p9p acme to a particular geometry

+ Reply to Thread