replica/pull -s / -v /dist/replica/network and rc error - Plan9

This is a discussion on replica/pull -s / -v /dist/replica/network and rc error - Plan9 ; Hi, I did a pull on friday. today i rebooted and i get this error init: Starting /bin/rc rc: null list in concatination init: rc exit status: rc 23: error init: startin /bin/rc ... Does anyone know whats going on. ...

  1. replica/pull -s / -v /dist/replica/network and rc error

    Hi,
    I did a pull on friday.

    today i rebooted and i get this error

    init: Starting /bin/rc
    rc: null list in concatination
    init: rc exit status: rc 23: error

    init: startin /bin/rc

    ... Does anyone know whats going on.
    I tried deleting my /rc/bin/termrc and pulling it and plan9.bell-
    labs.com connection refused.

  2. Re: [9fans] replica/pull -s / -v /dist/replica/network and rc error

    diskparts (which is run by termrc) needs that /dev/sysname to
    be set and because it isn't you get that error.
    add "sys=yourmachine ether=yournickmacaddr" to your /lib/ndb/local
    to find out yourmacaddr cat /net/ether0/addr.

    Federico G. Benavento

    ---
    /bin/fortune:
    Keep flammables away from space heaters.

  3. Re: [9fans] replica/pull -s / -v /dist/replica/network and rc error

    * Federico G. Benavento (benavento@gmail.com) wrote:
    > diskparts (which is run by termrc) needs that /dev/sysname to
    > be set and because it isn't you get that error.

    I don't think that is quite correct. The error is indeed caused by an empty
    sysname, but happens in termrc after diskparts is run. It probably bails at
    the line

    if(test -e /cfg/$sysname/termrc)

    > add "sys=yourmachine ether=yournickmacaddr" to your /lib/ndb/local
    > to find out yourmacaddr cat /net/ether0/addr.
    >

    > Federico G. Benavento

  4. Re: [9fans] replica/pull -s / -v /dist/replica/network and rc error

    exactly, because diskparts does
    sysname='{cat /dev/sysname}

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  5. Re: [9fans] replica/pull -s / -v /dist/replica/network and rc error

    * Federico Benavento (benavento@gmail.com) wrote:
    > exactly, because diskparts does
    > sysname='{cat /dev/sysname}

    I see. I didn't think about this, as that line happens to be in termrc, too.
    (And before subsequent uses of sysname.) But after all the error is
    independent of diskparts. But you're right, I should check my facts
    sometimes.

    Martin

  6. Re: [9fans] replica/pull -s / -v /dist/replica/network and rc error

    nah, don't worry, I was lucky this time : )

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

+ Reply to Thread