[9fans] mumbo-jumbo jibber-jabber poopy**** - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] mumbo-jumbo jibber-jabber poopy**** - Plan9 ; PS - Sorry Russ, this thread is probably off-topic. I'd take it to comp.lang.c, were it not that the only topic there that isn't off-topic is whether it's OK to cast the return value from malloc....

  1. [9fans] mumbo-jumbo jibber-jabber poopy****

  2. Re: [9fans] mumbo-jumbo jibber-jabber poopy****

    > off-topic is whether it's OK to cast the return value from malloc.

    in plan 9, usually, don't bother: it's pointless and anything necessary happens anyway.

    exceptions (hardly ever seen)?

    p = (char*)malloc(25) + 3;

  3. Re: [9fans] mumbo-jumbo jibber-jabber poopy****

    > exceptions (hardly ever seen)?
    >
    > p = (char*)malloc(25) + 3;

    Sorry to continue the thread we hate, but I
    would be become quite rude if I met the
    author of code like this.

    -Steve

  4. Re: [9fans] mumbo-jumbo jibber-jabber poopy****

    well, quite, but i was just trying to make it clear that it's mainly
    when doing arithmetic with it that you need an explicit type.
    so if you're not doing that, don't bother.

+ Reply to Thread