[9fans] Guidance for someone new to Plan 9 - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Guidance for someone new to Plan 9 - Plan9 ; I am setting up my first Plan 9 machine and I was wondering if someone would be willing to answer (off list probably) various questions I have about how things should be configured. Since I have about 28 years of ...

  1. [9fans] Guidance for someone new to Plan 9

    I am setting up my first Plan 9 machine and I was wondering if
    someone would be willing to answer (off list probably) various
    questions I have about how things should be configured. Since
    I have about 28 years of UNIX experience, I am probably thinking
    about things all wrong and I could use some guidance on getting
    into the proper Plan 9 mind set.

    Thanks in advance,
    Kim

  2. Re: [9fans] Guidance for someone new to Plan 9

    ask here. there's also the plan9 wiki and the 9fans
    archives.

    > I am setting up my first Plan 9 machine and I was wondering if
    > someone would be willing to answer (off list probably) various
    > questions I have about how things should be configured. Since
    > I have about 28 years of UNIX experience, I am probably thinking
    > about things all wrong and I could use some guidance on getting
    > into the proper Plan 9 mind set.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Kim

  3. Re: [9fans] Guidance for someone new to Plan 9

    some of us can also missguide you on #plan9 at irc.freenode.net
    but as skip said, the wiki and the 9fans archives are the best place.

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  4. Re: [9fans] Guidance for someone new to Plan 9

    Thanks. I have been reading from the wiki. I haven't looked
    in the 9fans archive yet. Probably should have before posting
    to the list.

    I don't mind a bit of misguidance as long as I can get out of
    trouble faster than I got into it.

    You'll probably be hearing from me from time to time as I get
    myself into a bind.

    Kim

    On May 6, 2007, at 4:56 PM, Federico Benavento wrote:

    > some of us can also missguide you on #plan9 at irc.freenode.net
    > but as skip said, the wiki and the 9fans archives are the best place.
    >
    > On 5/7/07, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote:
    >> ask here. there's also the plan9 wiki and the 9fans
    >> archives.
    >>
    >> > I am setting up my first Plan 9 machine and I was wondering if
    >> > someone would be willing to answer (off list probably) various
    >> > questions I have about how things should be configured. Since
    >> > I have about 28 years of UNIX experience, I am probably thinking
    >> > about things all wrong and I could use some guidance on getting
    >> > into the proper Plan 9 mind set.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in advance,
    >> > Kim

    > --