Re: [9fans] THX hell - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] THX hell - Plan9 ; On 5/2/07, csant wrote: > > It has ballooned (firefox) to require a 2GB USB stick > Why Firefox? There are smaller Linux browsers. > /c point me at one, I'll do it. It has to do AJAX. I'm not ...

  1. Re: [9fans] THX hell

    On 5/2/07, csant wrote:
    > > It has ballooned (firefox) to require a 2GB USB stick

    > Why Firefox? There are smaller Linux browsers.
    > /c

    point me at one, I'll do it. It has to do AJAX. I'm not really
    knowledgeable about browsers.

    It's just that people asked for firefox. I don't care.

    ron

  2. Re: [9fans] THX hell

    you might talk to the Opera people. in addition to having a PC-type
    browser that runs on multiple platforms, they have slimmed-down
    versions that run on various embedded platforms. they've got a
    smallish version that runs on the Nokia N800 (a linux-based handheld
    device) which has decent performance and does ajax (i'm not sure what
    standards or test suites apply, but google mail and one other ajax-ish
    site i use work, which is all i really know about).

    they're not open source and i believe you'd have to get their approval
    for redistribution; not sure how that squares with any religious
    convictions.
    anthony

+ Reply to Thread