Re: [9fans] Re: new termrc - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] Re: new termrc - Plan9 ; > if you add ether=010203040506 (with your > ethernet address) to the entry for your system > then $sysname should get set. Beware, the ether= field must have the ethernet address in lower case, this is because all fields are ...

  1. Re: [9fans] Re: new termrc

    > if you add ether=010203040506 (with your
    > ethernet address) to the entry for your system
    > then $sysname should get set.

    Beware, the ether= field must have the ethernet address
    in lower case, this is because all fields are case sensitive
    when they are matched by libndb and the accress printed
    by /dev/ether0/addr is in lower case.

    -Steve

  2. Re: [9fans] Re: new termrc

    2007/4/30, Steve Simon :
    > > if you add ether=010203040506 (with your
    > > ethernet address) to the entry for your system
    > > then $sysname should get set.

    > Beware, the ether= field must have the ethernet address
    > in lower case, this is because all fields are case sensitive
    > when they are matched by libndb and the accress printed
    > by /dev/ether0/addr is in lower case.

    This is true. I remember getting bitten by this and Boyd (may his soul
    rest in peace) ranting about how ridiculous it was when we were
    setting things up on a Mini-ITX board.

    > -Steve

    --dho

  3. Re: [9fans] Re: new termrc

    you could always do

    sysname=foo

    in plan9.ini

    you can also set other environment variables in there to use in termrc,
    termrc.local and cpurc

    I have a plan9.ini menu that sets ip=10.0.0.9 or 192.168.9.9 or DHCP
    which I then use in termrc.local to choose how to use ip/ipconfig

+ Reply to Thread