Re: [9fans] let's talk contrib - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] let's talk contrib - Plan9 ; On Sat Apr 28 14:10:31 EDT 2007, lucio@proxima.alt.za wrote: > > tbz is Lunix, surely. > > If we value simplicity, contrib should be pre expanded. > > discuss ? > > A valid point, specially when Venti lies behind ...

  1. Re: [9fans] let's talk contrib

    On Sat Apr 28 14:10:31 EDT 2007, lucio@proxima.alt.za wrote:
    > > tbz is Lunix, surely.
    > > If we value simplicity, contrib should be pre expanded.
    > > discuss ?

    > A valid point, specially when Venti lies behind it.

    venti doesn't do compression.

    an uncompressed tar is still somewhat foreign to plan 9.
    a mkfs archive would be a little closer to home.
    but why archive? just copy the file tree.

    (yes. i know. my contrib area is filled with compressed tarballs.
    old habits die hard. bad habits die harder. old, bad habits. ...
    i need a beer.)

    - erik

  2. Re: [9fans] let's talk contrib

    hola,

    I guess we need some conventions, for example where are we
    going to put all the contrib files in our trees?
    If we had such convention we could just use replica.

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  3. Re: [9fans] let's talk contrib

    > On 4/29/07, erik quanstrom wrote: